- This event has passed.
Annual Leadership Training
July 11, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 am$35.00 – $50.00
From Conflict to Collaboration: Leveraging Five Generations in the Workplace
For the first time, there are now five generations working side-by-side in the workplace; each with their own unique perspectives, experiences and attitudes. While most people share personal and lifestyle characteristics with their age group, each generation holds misconceptions and preconceived expectations on how others should “live their lives.”
The session will involve participants in interactive learning activities that:
- Summarize characteristics, values, and influencers for the five generations: Traditional, Boomer, Gen X, Millennials (Gen Y) & Z
- Confront generational stereotypes by exploring and identifying each generation’s unique experiences, skills, and strengths
- Present practical tips to improve communications with every generation
- Discuss interaction tips that can be applied immediately on – and off – the job
- Share coaching strategies to address conflict and to maximize cross-generational teams.
The session will be structured to share:
- How the generation landscape is defined and how generational backgrounds, characteristics, and motivations influence behavior
- How inaccurate use of stereotypes leads to misguided assumptions and potentially damaging decisions
- How harnessing common ground and unique work habits improves team dynamics, managing change, and conflict resolution
- How recognizing generational strengths promotes collaborations to ensure effective workplace interactions
- How to emphasize and apply communication skills to achieve desired results.
Tim J. Dean is a recognized global coach, certified trainer and sought-after keynote speaker with a passion for empowering others to realize their full potential. A published author and motivational instructor, Tim also possesses an in-depth knowledge of the five working generations and currently teaches “Leveraging Generational Diversity” for the John Cook School of Business at St. Louis University. With extensive business expertise across many industries, Tim brings a unique balance and powerful mix of strategy, empathy and real-world insights to every coaching and speaking engagement. Tim holds a Master of Science degree in Industrial Administration from the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Penn State University. Tim’s published work, Coaching Millennials, is available on Amazon in Coaching Perspectives V.