- This event has passed.
November 2019 Signature Speaker Series
November 13, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$35.00 – $50.00
Shattering the Glass Ceiling
Chief Operating Officer, Accredo Specialty Pharmacy
When a mentor discouraged Vicki Wheeler from applying for a director position because she “didn’t fit the profile”, she didn’t ask how she should change. She asked, “How do we change the profile?”
Answering that question not only advanced her own career but carved new pathways to the top for other women within the same Fortune 20 company and unleashed a wave of fresh talent to benefit the entire organization. For example, Vicki was female director #3. Now there are dozens of women in comparable leadership positions, and programs in place to cultivate many more.
How can one person be the stimulus for culture change of that magnitude? Join us for the November luncheon to find out.
More about Vicki:
Vicki has a passion for people and wants to make a positive difference every day. Serving as the lead for operations in the Accredo Specialty Pharmacy, she not only has a focus for providing exceptional care to nearly half a million patients each year but also growing and developing her team of 5,000+ employees.
The Accredo Specialty Pharmacy has hundreds of nurses who deliver specialized, tailored care to people with complex and chronic conditions. Vicki is proud to say that she is one of those nurses. She has always wanted to help people and started her career as a nurse because her uncle was a nurse. He always inspired her with his stories about helping so many people and families.
Within a few years into Vicki’s career, she discovered she wanted to make a larger impact on the lives of people battling illnesses and chronic conditions. I joined the company 19 years ago to extend her reach; taking on the challenge of prescription drug management, costs, and distribution in a rapidly evolving healthcare landscape.
In her current role, she has a holistic focus on providing superior care to Accredo’s specialty patients through:
- Managing the 15 Therapeutic Resource Centers, with staff that provides deep knowledge, counsel and care for specific conditions
- Ensuring patients with the most complex and rare conditions have 24/7 access to a team of pharmacists, nurses, and other professionals specializing in the management of their unique conditions
- Providing transformational, visionary leadership to her team to help navigate them through the many changes in healthcare
- Guiding the organization through operational efficiency initiatives to effectively control costs associated with the growing specialty drug landscape
- Developing large-scale innovation initiatives to provide patients new resources, tools, and condition-specific programs
Vicki has previously worked for the largest mental health and chemical dependency company in the United States; managing account teams, staff development, and overall quality.
Nursing Degree, St. Mary’s College of Nursing
B.S.N., Webster University
Six Sigma Black Belt
California Power Bowl
Your meal will also be served with:
New York Cheesecake
Please advise your server of any food allergies. Thank you.
Disclaimer: Your photo may be used in any and all publications and materials promoted by PWA.