Whitney Fossum, CPA
Above the standard networking that most organizations offer, PWA also offers:
- Comfort: Sometimes getting pushed into a room full of men can be overwhelming and to an extent, boring. Who wants to talk about last night’s football game when you can talk about last night’s shopping spree? There are so many variations of women in PWA, but everyone treats each other as equals; it’s a level playing field.
- Challenges: I want to walk out of meeting feeling as though I learned something. PWA does this.
- Opportunities: Not only can PWA offer an extended network of referral sources, it also allows me opportunities to give back. PWA is a strong supporter of Lydia’s House, so I know my money is well-spent. In addition, members can give back by joining the Board. Currently, I’m serving as the 2011-2012 Treasurer. As a CPA, what better way to serve PWA than by giving my time and my talents to the organization.
Overall, PWA has provided me great skillsets, great contacts, and great opportunities. I’m so glad I joined! If you’re considering joining, come to a meeting or contact a current member to see if this is your niche too.
Accountant & External Auditor
Anders CPAs + Advisors
Susan B. Zuckerman
Client Development, Royal Bank of Missouri
Client Depth, Edward Jones
I am definitely enriched by the diversity within our membership and interacting with truly professional women. In addition, the opportunity to eb enriched in regards to professional development or personal knowledge is unlimited, and there is always a bit of fun in our interactions. PWA has definitely enriched my world.
My Brand Promo
I was drawn to this organization because of its warmth, sense of female strength and opportunities for development, both personally and professionally. Over the past 2 years, I have developed my communication and networking abilities through my involvement with the Board and different Committees. I have also made lifelong friendships along the way.
As a young professional, the experience and knowledge I have gained from PWA is priceless and has prepared me for future leadership roles.
Operations Team Leader
- The chance to expand my leadership skills by helping someone outside of my company, in a totally different industry, to identify and take actionable steps to achieving their goals.
- Personal satisfaction in seeing someone accomplishing something they have wanted to do, but just needed some support, insight and someone to hold them accountable.
- Learning about another professional field that I never would have had exposure to.
- To reflect on the skills, knowledge and processes I've utilized to gain success in achieving my own goals and career aspirations and a reminder that I need to reapply some of those to some things I'm currently working on.
Senior Vice President/Group Manager
Past President of PWA
Retired business owner
Crime Victim Advocacy Center of St. Louis
Assistant Vice President
Owner Jill Farmer Coaching
I have had the privilege of serving on committees as well as the Board - both enriching experiences!
I look at other members as true friends and leave each lunch, each activity with a sense of camaraderie and rejuvenation. While I am amazed at the professionalism of the members and the resources they are for me, I value the ease of relationships and acceptance the most. I am looking forward to many more rewarding years!
Mahr Insurance Agency
Throughout my years in the PWA, I have served on the board and have been involved with many committees; I found that by getting active within the organization I could further develop my professional relationships, and make some wonderful friends along the way.
For me the PWA provides opportunities for networking, and for personal and professional growth. I would recommend it to any woman professional whether she's just starting her career or is a seasoned veteran.
Regional Sales Manager
American Roland Food Corp.